Since I didn't start these letters until you were two years old, I want to tell you some things about you up to now. Finding out that you were on the way was a bit of a surprise. Karis was only 7 months old when I found out that I was pregnant with you. Still, we were very excited to be having another baby! When we found out that we were having a boy, I was a combination or happy and scared out of my mind. I am still learning how to raise boys and as I said in my first letter to you, you are "all boy". You were 8 lbs, 7 oz and 20 inches long at birth. You had plenty of hair, but it did not turn curly until you were a year old. Let me just go ahead and say that I LOVE your curls! I think part of the reason I love them so much is that it is something that you got from your mommy. They also just make you look so adorable. If you keep those curls in combination with your beautiful big blue eyes and mischievous smile, you are definitely going to be a heart breaker someday. I won't be able to keep the girls away! ;) You rolled over from your tummy to your back at one month which I thought was amazing! I didn't think anyone would believe me when I told them, so I would show anyone who would let me (mostly family). After that, you did everything pretty much right when most kids do. You crawled at 6-7 months and walked at 13 months. I have a video of your first steps walking towards a basketball goal at a friend's house. You continue to be on the short side for now, but sometimes boys have late growth spurts, so we'll just have to see. Your head, however, is in the 90th percentile! We always knew that it was big because I had trouble getting some of your shirts over it. The dr said that some people link head size to intelligence. I already know that you are super smart, but maybe there is a link. You are different from your sister in the verbal department. You talk well, but you really love to sign too. I think you are more visual. You started signing "please", "eat" and "more" at a very young age and even though you can clearly communicate with words now, you continue to use the signs as well. I wasn't sure if you knew things such as colors, numbers, letters, shapes. Karis was always so eager to tell me what she knew, but you were different. You might not answer when I asked you "What shape is this?" but one day you were in the bathtub and you picked up every letter and told me what it was. You even knew the lower case. You would randomly tell me colors. Right now, yellow seems to be your favorite. And while we are on favorites, your favorite letter is "O". There is an episode of "Word World" that is titled "The Runaway Letter 'O'". You like to carry a roll of duct tape around the house and call it the letter "O". I soon found out that you also knew all the numbers to 15, maybe 20 and the shapes as well, including octagon. Like I said, you were not as outwardly verbal as far as offering this information, but as I paid more attention, I realized that you know a lot more than you let on. You were always an easy baby. You were only fussy at the very beginning when you were not getting enough to eat, and who wouldn't be?! You have always loved to hug. You might just hug me and then run off to play, but you would come up to me several times a day and say "I want hug". I tried to always stop whatever I was doing to hug you because after some quick lovin' you would be gone. You have always been my sweet boy and I hope that you always will be no matter how big you get. I love you so much and I can't wait to see what the future has in store for you!
I love you!
-Mommy
This was you inside mommy's belly
one week old
three months old
four months old...love those eyes!
your first Halloween, cutest skunk ever!
first Christmas...look at that handsome boy!
visiting Andrea in Virginia, you were almost a year (hair just starting to curl)
one year pics
Look at that face!
Daddy is so fun!










No comments:
Post a Comment